![]() |
| Me and Nikki in Disneyland. |
Nikki was the last person of Joe’s family that I met. I actually didn’t meet her until we had been
dating for two years! Joe and Nikki have
had a so-called “strained” relationship,
but when I would ask Joe for specifics, he couldn’t give them to me. When I first met her, I was attracted to her
fun personality and how she is always so excited about everything. She also doesn’t give a hoot what people
think which is such an awesome and rare trait to have. I instantly loved Nikki.
Over time, Nikki and I spent more and more time together,
and the more time I spent with Nikki, Joe also spent with Nikki. Sometimes I would have to work on school
work, so Joe and Nikki would just hang out, go to lunch, or go to the
movies. Both of them starting coming
around about their feelings for each other.
As for Nikki and I, we can laugh and laugh hard at the most
ridiculous things. Nearly every time we
are together, I start laughing so hard I cry.
She just gets this look and I completely lose it. We have these silly little jokes like “magnum”
and “sister wives” that no one gets but us and it’s the best! Sometimes, Joe and Nikki’s mom, Nancy, has to
separate the both of us. We feed off of
each other’s ridiculousness.
Last summer, Nikki was my nurse during my toe incident and
would sleep over. We’ve endured the
twelve hour Gone with the Wind saga,
and survived a murderer/rapist in a grungy hotel in Disneyland. She
was the first person (aside from the mom’s) that we called when we got engaged,
and I was the first person she called. If
I could only share my engagement period with one person, I would choose Nikki,
and that has come true.
When Nikki left for Disney World, Joe started bringing her
up more and more and calling her more than he has ever called anyone. What she enjoys to talk about on the phone
and what he enjoys to talk about on the phone are so opposite, but it works for
them. One time I heard Joe say, “don’t
talk to me about this guy, I’m trying to tell you about my car!” As strange as
that sounds, that is just Joe and Nikki.
At dinner one night, I finally burst out, “The reason why I
love Nikki so much is because she is exactly like you!” Joe just sat there perplexed. They are both very funny, incredibly social,
and have more friends than I will ever have in my lifetime. They both are very passionate and will fight
until the end for something that they wholeheartedly believe in. The only difference I see is that where Joe
is more logical, Nikki is more emotional.
Other than that, they are two peas in a pod and probably haven’t
realized it until this post.
When I told Joe to call her last night so she could tell him
she had just gotten engaged, Joe said, “no matter what, she deserves only the
best and all of the happiness in the world.
After all, she is my little sister.”
So congrats to you, Honey Glaze.
Love your Snicklefritz and Big Brother.

I love you so much! Thanks for the support, and I love how proper your commas are! Me moving to Orlando just means you have to come visit and we can have ridiculous weekends at Disney World!!!
ReplyDelete