![]() |
| No excuses. Just write. |
Thank you notes...where are you? I don't have enough toes and fingers to count how many births, graduations, showers, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, and general life milestones I've been a part of. I can count however, how many thank you notes I've received in return. My thoughts? It's classless and I don't forget.
So let's get this straight. You invite people to be part of your "big day" in hopes, and this is true, you will get a big pay out in the form of a nicely wrapped gift from your registry, or at the very least, the ever so valuable gift receipt. And you don't think you should thank your guests that probably didn't even want to come in the first place? Give me a break. What about the fact that they got all dressed up and drove for miles and showered you with compliments of, "Oh, he's so cute," or "Wow, your dress is beautiful." What about considering that maybe your guests worked all day and just wanted something edible to eat, and instead were given cheese cubes and water and ended up going home to cook dinner after your so-called big event? If that doesn't warrant a thank you note, I don't know what will.
Simply put: If you want people to be part of your big day, thank them...formally. If you have time to take selfies, post about your daily routines (that really aren't that interesting), and either use or return the items given to you, you have time to thank the person that got those precious gifts for you.
Do you have a piece of paper? A pen? The time is now, folks.
It's never too late to put on your big boy pants and take a classier route. Thank you for reading!
P.S. It may have taken me 3.5 months, but all the wedding and reception thank you notes are completed....all 160 of them.

No comments:
Post a Comment