Sunday, May 24, 2015

My Eggs...My Business

There is a difference between being blunt and being rude.  Trust me, I know.  I am a blunt person;  I tell the truth.  I value honesty, but I cherish tact.  Without the use of tact, you may be considered rude.  If you are considered rude, you are going to lose friends.  If you lose friends, you are going to feel lonely.  If you feel lonely, the person who you were originally rude to won't feel bad if you are now friendless because you should have used tact in the first place.  Get it?

The problem: "When are you going to have kids?"
The solution: Don't ask this question...ever!  It is rude and insulting and there is no retract now, apologize later.  These are my eggs.

If you are offended by me referring to "my eggs," as well, "my eggs," imagine how I feel when you ask if my eggs are fertilized, lack thereof, or when said eggs will become fertilized, if ever. 

When I am asked this question, I'm never quite sure how to respond because my blood is too busy rushing to my brain and only terrible thoughts are running through my head that usually end with the Carrie Prom scene, you know, the one where those fools dared pour blood on her?  Big mistake.



So instead of me just lecturing you on why you should never ask the "kid" question, let me just enlighten you.  I would like to call this segment, "Have You Considered?"

Have you considered when asking a person when they are going to have kids that they may be...

Choosing not to have children?
Having fertility issues?
Mourning one or more miscarriages?
Dealing with health problems?
Having financial difficulties?
Wanting to adopt or foster?
Waiting for a purpose?
Focusing on work?
Living happily until you interrupted?

Many years ago, I was told to never ask someone how they are feeling unless you are prepared to receive an answer other than, "fine" or "ok" back.  If you dare ask the above question, please realize that you may get more than what you bargained for, and before you know it, Carrie.  Prom.  Blood.

I think it's about time we keep our questions...and our eggs to ourselves.






No comments:

Post a Comment